Beauty Tips on How To Maintain Glamorous Skin
I wish there was a magic pill or cream that would be the answer to achieving glamorous skin. The truth is that it’s a combination of many little behaviors and habits. Hopefully you're able to identify with some “do’s” or “don'ts” so that you can start seeing a real difference in the condition of your skin!
Tip # 1: Drink 8-10 glasses of high-quality water a day, specifically purified or reverse osmosis water. Avoid sweet drinks – they do more harm than good to your skin. Consider drinking tea instead: teas rich in antioxidants are especially beneficial for the skin and protect against premature aging. Green organic teas, herbal, black teas (although they have less antioxidants than the green ones) bring other benefits as they are anti-inflammatory.
Tip #2: Avoid refined sugars, sweets and white flour goods. Sugar and foods high in carbs can do a lot of damage to your skin’s collagen (one of the “elasticity” proteins of the skin). Drink a cup of kefir and Kombucha beverages every day – your source of natural probiotics. Supplement your diet with Grape Seed Extract (Resveratrol), vitamins: A (in the form of beta-carotene), C-Ester, E (alpha tocopherol), CoQ-10 and minerals like sulphur (organic form – MSM powder) and zinc. Also add fish or krill oil, turmeric root supplement, ginger root (fresh or powder form), Spirulina and Maca root powder, as well as fresh avocados.
Tip #3: Use gentle and safe skin care products – organic whenever possible! Your skin absorbs it all. Don’t compromise your health and the health of your skin by using potential poisons.
Tip #4: Detox on a regularly basis – drink green vegetable juices, green smoothies and Kombucha which are all great for detoxing. Learn more about detoxifying your body/skin and the Lemonade Diet from the book “The Complete Master Cleanse” by Tom Woloshyn.
Tip #5: Drink all liquids during the day. Drinking at night can cause morning puffiness.
Tip #6: Protect your skin from sunburn: it breaks down collagen and generates free radicals that accelerate aging. Make sure you wear long sleeve cotton shirts and white pants from 11.a.m. to 5 p.m. in the summer. You should also apply Vika's Essentials Certified Organic “Prodigal Sun” Serum and Vika’s Essentials Certified Organic Raw Cream several times during the day.
Tip #7: Avoid or minimize damage from hot water and chlorine. Chlorine causes oxidative damage. The hotter the water, the more potential there is for damage because chemical reactions increase as the temperature increases. Hot water may cause your skin to age faster. Adjust your water temperature to be a bit cooler, limit your showers to one per day, decrease your soak time in the bath, and use a charcoal filter for the shower head.
Tip #8: Be very sure to remove your makeup each evening using Vika’s Essentials Certified Organic Makeup Remover. It’s a really bad idea to flop into bed, leaving makeup on your face. Take a couple of minutes to remove it, and you’ll find your face looking and feeling younger.
Tip #9: Try to sleep on your back – it minimizes the stretching effect of gravity on the skin.
Tip # 10: Don’t smoke… for your general health’s sake and for the sake of maintaining younger looking skin. Smoking causes free radical production, which can age your skin faster.
Tip #11: Do a 3-5 minute facial self-massage every time you apply oils: it is an easy and important part of any beauty regime to keep wrinkles at bay. Besides softening the skin, facial massages can also stimulate blood circulation and remove dead skin. Here are a few links for you to check out:
Add simple exercises to your daily beauty regime:
Tip #12: To address your emotional issues, practice EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique) daily to relieve any stress you may be dealing with. Learn how to practice EFT here
Always remember: healthy-looking, radiant skin is a result of a well-rounded lifestyle consisting of exercise and a healthy diet. Health, as you know, is everything we eat, do, say, hear, and see. Healthy eating habits, as well as a positive open mind, will help to prepare your skin to accept the oils better.
Applying skin care products carefully is very important for their effectiveness:
- Always choose skin care products based on your skin type whether it's sensitive, normal to dry, normal to oily, acne-prone or very dry.
- Avoid washing your face with harsh soaps and hot water: hot water enhances skin damage by chlorine. Cleanse your face with alcohol-free, chemical-free, soap-free ingredients such as Vika’s Essentials Facial Wash (available for different skin types) as needed, then rinse with lukewarm water;
- Apply only alcohol-free botanical toners with Hydrosols, aloe vera and essential oils like Vika’s Essentials Certified Organic Floral Toner;
- Always apply oil-based creams or oil blends (which suit your skin type) on damp skin;
- Use exfoliating scrubs occasionally to remove dead skin (people with dry sensitive skin should not use it more than once a week). Vika’s Essentials Certified Organic Exfoliating Facial Scrub is very gentle and effective for exfoliation.
- Once a week use Vika’s Essentials Mask for 5-10 minutes (depending on skin type) and follow with a high quality botanical toner such as Vika’s Facial Floral Toner. It offers natural nourishment and makes your skin feel wonderful.
- Take special care of the skin around your eyes because it is very delicate, and it is where age is most noticeable. Apply Vika’s Essentials Certified Organic Rosa Dew Eye Serum by gently tapping the skin under your eyes (use your ring finger) from the outside towards your nose.
- Avoid soaps, saunas, harsh scrubbing agents and toners with alcohol if you have dry skin. Choose products with Vitamin C and are rich in vitamins, minerals, and amino acid plant oils like evening primrose oil, rosehip seed oil, avocado oil, coconut oil, argan nut oil, sweet almond, macadamia nut, sea buckthorn and shea butter.
(Please note: We are not making medical suggestions or claims and suggest that you consult a dermatologist about any health issues you might have before making changes to your skincare routine, should you be concerned.)